Wednesday 24 August 2011

UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami - Full Fight Card & Predictions

UFC 134: August 27th in Rio de Jeneiro
 So the time has come once again! The UFC is finally back in beautiful Brazil after a whopping 11 year absence from the country that created some of the most well known and skillful mixed martial arts athletes.

The last event to be in Brazil was back in 1998, titled UFC: 17.5 Ultimate Brazil. The event was host to an evening full of great bouts including the middleweight champion at the time, Frank Shamrock vs John Lober and Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderlei Silva.


But enough about the past, we wanna know about the here and now! So here's the card, I'll highlight who I think the victors will be:

MAIN CARD (PPV) 

Anderson Silva (c) vs. Yushin Okami: UFC Middleweight Championship 
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Forrest Griffin
Brendan Schaub vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Edson Barboza vs. Ross Pearson 
Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV) 

Thiago Tavares vs. Spencer Fisher 
Rousimar Palhares vs. Dan Miller

PRELIMINARY CARD 

Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell 
Raphael Assuncao vs. Johnny Eduardo 
Yuri Alcantara vs. Felipe Arantes 
Yves Jabouin vs. Ian Loveland 
Luis Ramos vs. Erick Silva

These are my fighter picks, some of these I want to win, others I don't.

I've got a feeling that Silva is really going to push the fight this time, and if he pushes hard enough I'm sure he'll earn an early stoppage.

I'd really like to see Forrest come back into the picture and finish Rua with an early and impressive KO/TKO but I don't think it will happen.

Schaub vs. Nogueira is an interesting one. Schaub has already stated that he wants a KO victory over the Brazilian and if he rushes the fight I think he'll pay for it, however I do believe Nogueira will be stopped in the second round as long as Schaub keeps it standing up.

Being from the UK myself I will always back a fellow Brit. I think Pearson vs. Barboza will be a true war, its gonna be bloody and its gonna be violent. It will be close for the first two rounds but I see Perason dominating in the third and taking the decision victory.

Stay tuned this weekend for my coverage on the fights.

4 comments:

  1. Anderson will smash Okami into the ground

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see Pearson back in action, hope he wins for us brits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People need to stop underestimating Okami, he is a world class fighter and isnt the sort of fighter to count out, i think he'll beat Silva jus like he did in 2006

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Thunder__

    you mean by DQ?......

    ReplyDelete